I thought that the question is really interesting. I’m not sure, but I’m assuming that you’re talking about a decision which will ultimately leave you in pain?
If I die in agony, with no regrets…
I do not feel sad about the decisions that I've made, even though the cost is extreme pain or suffering.
Hurt by your very own actions or non actions, sometimes that’s very regrettable too I think.
If I die with regrets but without suffering…
I feel sad about the decisions I’ve made, even though I’m not exactly in pain.
Parts of you wish, or even know, that things could have been different and better, sometimes that’s a mind-fucking form of pain.
So either way, it sucks. Ironically in both cases, we make decisions hoping to feel better, but we end up feeling worse.
The former is a decision to be happier, but it ends in pain.
The latter is a decision to avoid pain, but not knowing where the alternative brings itself is a pain.
Mr Prem used to say, “always have the consequence in mind.”
Haha!
I’ll look at the worst case scenario, and in my best ability not let the worst of the worst happens. There's a reason why people don’t say ‘best case scenario’, it’s because not many get the best but plenty got the worst, life is not kind, we must not wait for it to do us justice. I practice cautious optimism, hope for the best, prepared for the worst.
If no matter what you have to be in pain, why not take the less painful option?
I’ll ask myself if the regret is worth the agony, or the agony is worth the regret. I don’t really believe in the whole no regret thing, sometimes the pain at the end is too much that I’d rather give it a pass(regret), other times I know it’ll be too regretful that I’d rather take the pain.
Heck
Do what you want, and fuck the rest!
Thursday, 5 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment